Report on TAVCC Governors meeting
Summary report of the TAVCC Governors’ meeting held on 15th July 2015.
You will be aware that the detailed minutes of Full Governing Body meetings are made publically available to view both on the website and in hardcopy at the school once formally approved. As Governors meet twice a term, this clearly incurs a time delay between the meeting in question and final approval of the minutes at the following meeting.
As part of their wish to keep parents fully and promptly informed about the work of the Governing Body it has been agreed that a brief summary of the items/issues considered by Governors will be posted on the website and included in the school newsletter which directly follows the meeting.
At the meeting of the Full Governing Body, held on 15th July, the governors considered the following items/issues:
- Inviting/nominating people to join the GB where vacancies arise
- The possible reformation of Governor committees and membership for September 2015
- The drafting of the Annual Governors statement
- The adoption of a revised code of conduct for governors
- To receive the Head-teacher’s report on current pupil achievement and progress towards targets, teaching, behaviour and leadership – the four areas of focus for OFSTED – and the actions being taken to produce even further improvements.
- To receive and discuss the annual College Self Evaluation Form
- To be briefed on the progress of the Artificial Grass Pitch, the proposed new buildings and improvements.
- To be briefed on the progress of the Character Education Grant use
- To discuss preparation for a possible OFSTED inspection
- To note the minutes from the governor committees – Achievement, Site and Buildings (S&B), Finance and Personnel (F&P), Curriculum, Learning and Teaching (CL&T)
Fuller details of these items will be available in the full minutes shortly after the next Full Governing Body meeting to be held on October 8th 2015, once they have been formally agreed.
For the academic year 2014/15 the dates of the Full Governing Body meetings are as follows:
8 October 2015
10 December 2015
4 February 2016
17 March 2016
19 May 2016
7 July 2016