- Blazer: Black, with The Axe Valley Academy badge in gold embroidery. All students are required to wear the Academy blazer. They may be removed in lessons with permission from the teacher. During periods of hot weather, students will not be required to wear blazers.
- Shirt/blouse: Plain white shirt that is long enough to tuck in, with a formal collar. Top button must be fastened or plain white fitted blouse with a formal collar. With both options top button must be fastened. All shirts must be tucked in. White polo shirts with the new Academy shield can be worn during the second half of the Summer term. This period of time may be extended during periods of hot weather. Students will be required to wear their Academy blazer if they want an additional layer of clothing.
- Ties: AVA clip-on ties are compulsory for all students. Clip-on ties are available from reception.
- Skirts/trousers: Plain black trousers (flares and tight fitting/straight leg trousers are not permitted) OR plain black skirts (skirts should be no more than 2 inches–from the top of the knee). Skirts must be made of an acceptable material; must not be skin tight fitting (e.g. tube skirts or skater style skirts).
- T-shirts: Plain white t-shirts/vests can be worn under shirts.
- Coats/Jackets: It is acceptable to wear a coat or jacket over blazers before and after school and during break and lunch. These must not be worn instead of blazers. Hooded jumpers are not permitted, unless they are the Academy logo PE hooded jumpers.
- Scarves/Hats: Scarves and hats can be worn before and after school and during break and lunch.
- Belts: Plain, black belts can be worn; these must not be more than 3 cm wide.
- Shoes/Socks: Sensible, plain, flat, sturdy, leather and black-soled black footwear is essential. Trainers, boots and canvas shoes are not permitted. Socks should be plain and black. Tights should be plain, black and in good order (e.g. ripped tights will need replacing).
- Hairstyles: For safety purposes, long hair must be tied back in practical sessions. Hair colouring needs to be natural and discreet. Extremes of colour and styles are not permitted.
- Make-up: Make-up, if worn, should be discreet. Artificial nails (inc gel nails) will not be permitted. Students are not permitted to wear nail varnish.
- Jewellery: One pair of small stud earrings/sleepers. Students are allowed to wear one ring. No other jewellery is acceptable e.g. bracelets and necklaces.
- Facial piercing: Facial piercing is not permitted. Students are advised that all types of bars/studs, including clear ones, are strictly not permitted. Neither do we permit students to be in classes with piercings covered by plasters.