The Pupil Premium Programme at Axe Valley Academy
Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2017-18
The Pupil Premium Team at Axe Valley Academy
All Pupil Premium students will benefit from:
- Access to a dedicated co-ordinator, Kate Pemberton, who is available to students and parents to discuss any issues that may arise in confidence.
- Access to ICT facilities and teachers’ help in supervised lunchtime study clubs every day and after school on Thursdays.
- A supervised breakfast club each morning before school where students can complete homework; discuss any issues they may have with a teacher before lessons begin; as well as enjoy a nutritious breakfast.
- A late bus for students leaving at 5pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays to enable access to after-school clubs and activities as well as study club.
- School equipment. A stock of basic school equipment (pens, pencils, rulers, etc.) will be available for all Pupil Premium students in Reception, if they wish to collect and use these.
- Improved communications with parents and carers. In addition to the current reporting system we will be providing you with additional support after reports are generated when required as well as assistance with booking parents evening appointments. If you have not already done so please update your personal data form with a current email address.
- Free music tuition.