Outstanding GCSE results 2010
Year 11 students have achieved outstanding results – significantly above previous records. 76% achieved 5A*-C (previous best was 69% in 2009) and 66% achieved 5A*-C with English and Maths (previous best was 54% in 2008). Both measures are signicantly above national averages.
Many students have exceeded expectations across a wide range of subjects. For example, 78% achieved A*-C in GCSE Maths, 89% in English Literature, 93% in GCSE ICT, 89% in GCSE Physics, 83% in GCSE Textiles and 66% in GCSE Art and Design. Among the highest performing students were:
- Stephen Smith-Wild (2A*s, 8As, 1Bs, 2Cs)
- Andrew Davies (1A*,9As,2Bs and 1C)
- Rowena Trott (10As,1B,2Cs)
- Callum Henagulph (10As, 2Cs)
- Holly Adeyemo (9As,3Bs,1C)
- Mark Rickets (9As,3Bs,1C)
- Adam Kana-Ah (9As,2Bs,1c)
- Ellis Bee (8As,3Bs,2Cs)
The results are a massive step forward for the college. Congratulations to students on these superb results.